Friday, December 17, 2010

Crafting For Ourselves

Wow.  Another week of amazing contributions to the Crafting For Ourselves group.  Another week in which you've managed to carve out a little time, important time, to make for yourselves,  your friends, your family.  You're an inspiration, you really are.

Want to play?  Come join us here.



I've been working on a few projects myself.  This one is for a dear friend who had given me the sweetest wool coat years ago that her boys had outgrown. 


Her two boys had worn it and then three of my children  wore it.  After 5 kids it showed some wear but I knew there was great felting potential here.  I put this well-loved little coat through the wash and made some fabulously thick felt with it.


It was the perfect felt for coasters so that is what it became, mitten-shaped coasters for both of us to remind us of our little ones that are no longer so little and to hold our coffee the next time we get to sit together.


What have you been working on lately?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the 'Wandering off somewhere'- boots! Thanks for your sweet comment and display on your blog.

Love those coasters!

karen said...

Hi Lisa. Thanks for including my combined inspiration necklace.
I love the mitten coasters and the story behind them. I'm sure your friend will be delighted to get those. Such a lovely idea!

Dawn S. said...

Those mitten coasters are lovely!

Misty said...

Aww, what sweet mitten coasters and I love the story behind them!

I'm trying my hand at knitting a fair isle Christmas stocking. I'm not really worried whether I finish it in time for Christmas this year.

Lisa said...

I just wanted to say that I am newly introduced to your blog and so enjoy your emails.
thank you and happy holidays

Scrapiana said...

Oh, thanks for including the sweater rhino, Lisa! He's still not quite done, so I'd better take him back to my sick-bed for completion.

Your mitten coasters are so sweet, especially with that story behind them. Making something over for a new chapter in life is deeply satisfying. A story of renewal: just what we need at this time of year!

Marysia said...

Thanks a lot for including my shawl! Lovely coasters!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks so much, everybody. :D

Credit Repair Services said...

Crafting is a one type of hand made creativity in life style. You can made shawl, shoes, muffler etc. as doing crafting work on it. The clothes that you made is looks pretty. Great work on it. You have such a creative mind in this field.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails