Saturday, April 02, 2011

Slow Saturday


It's a slow Saturday.  I've been sanding things while watching Julia Child on PBS.  I've been sipping a second cup of coffee.  Today I think I'll play out in the barn for a while.  Maybe bake something that will be applied directly to my hips.  Slow down for a bit.  The kids have a bad case of cabin fever and need to get outside so maybe a walk in the woods is in order.  We still have lots of snow so momma will probably get to be sled dog, which is okay because she needs the exercise.

I'd really like to make one of these if I can figure out how to make a box braid.

I'm looking forward to this book reaching my mailbox.

I finally set up a facebook page but I'm not sure facebook is my thing.

One of my wearable vessels is in this soft and lovely treasury.

What are you doing today?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear, here's to another mama who needs to exercise... I feel your pain, my friend !
well, today (it's already 5pm now), I've done some housework, been to the library with hub & sons, and now I'm relaxing because I'm down with a cold, blugh.
Tell me ... is that a wooden ring you're holding in your hand ? Can't wait to see more !!
take good care my friend oxoxo

Tara said...

We are heading to the library before spending the day with grandparents. I want to know too. Is that a ring? Have a wonderful Saturday.

RedTwigBrownTwig said...

Slow is good on Saturday, hard to achieve sometimes. That ring looks very promising. Can't wait to see what you do. I'm taking a leisurely stroll through my favorite blogs after a full breakfast cooked just before lunch.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Aww, Z...sorry to hear you have a cold. It's been going around here too. Feel better soon!

Tara - Well, it's potentially a ring. I cut it from the side of a teak bowl. We'll see how it turns out once it's sanded. :)

Shari - it is hard to attain, you're right. Breakfast right before lunch? Sounds good to me! (which of course is why I need the exercise...)

Anonymous said...

Is there anything you CAN bake that isn't applied directly to the hips? The box braid looks like what we used to do at camp with gimp way, way bak when, just all gussied up in slinky leather. Enjoy your walk in the woods. xox Corrine

Margie Oomen said...

just making my custom missing pieces stone while watching a documentary about the fish

Tumus said...

I actually worked on Pinpinn today and flew kites with our kite club for Media Day. Our big kite festival is next month and the wind has been insane this week :(

peawink said...

For the boxbraid, ask the kids or their friends or other mom's kids if you can't figure it out. All of my nephews made keychains using plastic strips in the box braid (boy scouts). Have fun! If you bake, we want to know!

Jovita said...

oh good grief, don't know why that last comment posted as "about me" is this another blogger change?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails