Friday, April 19, 2013

just a little sick of snow

Mother Nature dumped another little gift on us yesterday.  Another foot of snow in spots, on top of the pile o' plenty we had already.  School is cancelled so you know it's a big deal.  School here doesn't close for anything under 8"  of snow.  But it's been blowing and the roads are ick, so here we are.

See that pathetic lump in the right side of the picture?  That's my oldest son, flopped down, having a little pity party.  (you know it's bad when the kids don't even appreciate a snow day)  We're all a little sick of it.

Someone forgot to bring the hallway rug in after they swept yesterday.  Oops.

So while my creative impulses seem buried under this snow too, my need to organize isn't.  I'll be trying to get my workspace a little closer to finished.  I've got a pot of chili in the crock pot and plans for snow cream tonight.  The kids have their paints out and then there's plans for a movie fest in the basement tonight.  Not what I had planned for this weekend (a much-anticipated visit has been cancelled) but really now that I've got it all typed out it doesn't look so bad.

I hope you all enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having a snow day too - we haven't got as much as you but it is blustery and going from sleet to hail to snow and then back again. Mother Nature just can't make up it's mind. Our dog is enjoying it and the loons don't seem to mind I can hear them calling each other.
As for me I will sit here and finish a couple of projects and plant some seeds for my dye garden and patiently wait for the warm weather to arrive.

Mel said...

Snow for you, monsoons, howling winds, floods and sinkholes for us!
This has to get better - worst April in memory!

I mailed you a nice rock today :)

Valerianna said...

Oh, goodness... I thought WE had it bad. Last storm about a week ago. But now we are down to a few straggling piles here and there and some spots in the forest still white, but mostly gone. Its been hard to stay ahead of bulbs coming up, I have to rake the garden but its only now doable. But a foot in mid-April, I'd be grumpy and I LOVE snow.

Cathy said...

chili, snowcream, and movies...sounds like a great evening to me : )

Margie Oomen said...

same thing here to a lesser degree. Spent some time with friends in toronto this morning, ran some fun errands to prepare for my up coming trip to Newfoundland and then came home to make yummy soup and a savoury pie. Making the best out of not being in the garden.

LindyLaine said...

Wow! I thought spring was slow in coming here in the UK, but it still looks like the middle of winter where you are!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails