Sunday, December 21, 2014

random thoughts on a Sunday

Stitching on small stones that I plan to string up on leather as pendants. I haven't made pendants in a long while so I thought it was time.

I wanted to say a big THANKS to you that voted for my nonprofit on Thursday. Though we didn't win the money, it was such a great feeling to see familiar names among the likes. Thanks for helping out and for supporting the arts. You're my heroes.

I ugly-cried my way through the first chapter of 'Wild'. A good, hard, cathartic cry. I'm not quite ready to carry on with chapter 2 yet but my chest feels lighter. I guess I needed it.

I'll be doing a needle-felting demo on Jan. 3rd at the Northland Arboretum in Brainerd, MN if anyone is in the area. Some of my favorite local artists including my friend Haddie, and Bob and Amy Carls from Ripple River will be there too, along with new friends Carla Benjamin and Peg Serani. We're doing a little drive for the food pantry so bring along a canned good if you stop by. 4-8pm. Would love to see you.

It's the christmas season and I haven't had any egg nog. There's something wrong with that. On my to-do list...buy nog.

Speaking of the holiday season. I know this time of year can be really rough on some people. To those of you out there that struggle...HUGS. Big hugs. Tonight is winter solstice, and the returning of the light.

Have a lovely Sunday.






4 comments:

Els said...

Those will be lovely pendants Lisa !
All the best to you and your family and warm and bright quiet holidays !
(Egg nog : cheers !)

Liri said...

Thank you for the hugs. I need'em.

Ariadne said...

Great stones! Looking forward to seeing them as pendants! Have a great holiday and Merry Christmas! AriadnefromGreece!

Heather said...

Hello, I have just found you through flickr, your work is amazing! very inspiring. I have recently read 'Wild' I also had a good cry. It's definitely worth reading on. It's a great story. All the best for 2015, Heather x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails